Transparent Menu Bar is flat

Discussion in 'macOS' started by alltruist, May 21, 2009.

1. alltruist macrumors newbie

Hi,

I recently restored the default Leopard theme files after uninstalling a theme via Magnifique. However, I noticed that my transparent menu bar no longer has a gradient, though the menu bar has a gradient if I turn off transparency. I have re-enabled Core UI and transparent menu bar. I did another restore of the Leopard theme files using the iLeopard uninstaller. I have attached a screen clipping. My menubar is on the left. What it is supposed to look like is on the right.

How do I restore the gradient for the translucent menu bar? Is this done by setting an environment variable? I found this article:

http://www.manytricks.com/menubartint/

Apparently you get a flat menubar if you disable transparency manually. Is there a similar way to restore the gradient when you re-enable the transparency?

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Tygernoot macrumors member

I have the same (or a similar) issue. I'm 99% sure this happened after updating to 10.5.7 from 10.5.6 as it was working a while ago. I actually only noticed today it wasn't transparent anymore. I don't have any tools or hacks installed though.

You can see the small difference in the screenshots with the translucent menu bar option on/off.

Attached Files:

3. Tygernoot macrumors member

Well, a reboot fixed it for me.

Only rebooted yesterday for the first time since... quite a while. So my transparent menu bar is back :)