Transparent programs - super annoying

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Adipod, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Adipod macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

I have a very annoying problem and I would like to ask you to help!

Almost all the times my programs are transparent. I use the web browser (doesn't matter which) then I start to watch a video with VLC and the shapes of the web page remains there. Also if I open an image in any other program, basicaly whatever I do, I can see through the apps. I tried to close the disturbing programs, but even after the programs are closed, it is possible to see them through the actual application. Sometimes it's the browsers, sometimes the desktop itself... it is super annoying. If I move the window (for example VLC), I can see the "stacked" programs in the background like it's normal to be there... Also when I delete some items from my desktop, the watermark of it remains there. If I take a screenshot, these sympthons are not recorded, I had to use my phone to show the issue

I tried to delete caches and fixed everything with Onyx, but didn't help.

I'm using a Retina MacBook Pro 15 from late 2012 with Yosemite.

Please, if you have any tips how to solve this problem don't hesitate to write me!

Thanks in advance!

Adam

Attached Files:

2. MacInTO, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015

MacInTO macrumors 6502a

MacInTO

3. Adipod thread starter macrumors newbie

Thx, but I think it's not the same problem. I'm pretty sure it's something with the software and I can explain why.
    If I move the program window over the location of the closed web browser I can see the the "leftovers" of the website through my application window. If I move it to another position (where the web browser didn't exists or it was homogenic), there is no see through. So in my opinion it can not be a physical problem of the screen. It also changes depending on what I used before, nothing burned in...
    Thx for your answer anyway, I'm very glad, that you tried to help !

4. MacInTO macrumors 6502a

MacInTO

I'd be surprised if it were something else. Many people have had this issue and some still do.

It's not the same as burn-in. The 'ghosting' or 'persistence' goes away after some time like watching a video or turning your computer off. It's only when you leave the screen, ie. desktop for a few seconds to minutes, without moving anything on your screen will it stay. But it will also disappear after some time.

It is usually only noticeable on a plain background - like clear blue sky or the football pitch.

You can reproduce it by changing your background to a solid colour (ie. grey) open Safari with some stuff on it. Leave it for a few minutes and then minimize the screen. You'll see a faint image of Safari on your desktop.

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

That's called persistence. It's similar to burn in but it fades over time. It's a hardware problem.