Transparent status bar in Winterboard doesn't work- any other options?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TH55, Mar 8, 2012.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

It worked at first but now it is translucent and you can clearly see a white status bar.

2. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Try downloading another one from Cydia?

Did that a few months back and ever since the one I downloaded has worked great.

3. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

4. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

5. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

6. 0m3ga macrumors 6502

something was altered in your theme bundle - uikit.framework
    i am guessing the file Translucent_Base@2x.png got deleted or changed by another tweak, or overridden

did u download another statusbar theme that might effect your original? you'll have to check and see

7. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

8. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

The one I'm using is called "Transparent StatusBar for..." by styy1102 if you want to check it out.

9. 0m3ga macrumors 6502

that won't make a difference in many cases, especially if another tweak is overriding it. what other tweaks do you have that effect the statusbar? additionally, is the tweak all the way at the top in Winterboard?

10. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Yeah it's at the top. No other status bar tweaks downloaded. How am I supposed to determine the problem and fix it?

11. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I thought there weren't any stability issues with jailbreaks.

12. 0m3ga macrumors 6502

did you install a theme of any kind? sometimes a theme developer will alter the status bar to add a wifi icon or battery icon, etc... if you did download something like this, that is likely your issue. turn off your theme and see if the status bar returns to normal. i'm just guessing here, since i have no idea what you have loaded on your phone.

13. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

The only other tweaks I have are nospot and springtomize. I had the rotation lock icon in the status bar hidden by springtomize but turned it off when I read your post. It didnt fix the issue though, I even reinstalled transparent status bar tweak. Anything else it could be?

14. 0m3ga macrumors 6502

turn off springtomize

after that, i would be going through the code on the tweaks i have looking for anything that would mess with status bar.

15. TH55, Mar 8, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012

TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

So there's no way I can have anything in springtomize on and Winterboard simultaneously? I have to keep nospot on, that's one of the main reasons I jailbroke. Is there anything else to disable spotlight search that won't interfere with transparent status bar? Also why was it working at first when springtomize was on?

Edit: I tried turning off Springtomize, didn't help it

16. 0m3ga macrumors 6502

fresh out of ideas, sorry

17. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

When you said look at the code, what do you mean? How do I do that and what should I look for/do?

18. 0m3ga macrumors 6502

use iFile on your idevice or ifunbox on pc or mac to look at your file directory (just like on a computer). if you aren't familiar with this, then I wouldnt recommend making any changes.

Uninstall all of your tweaks. Install your status bar tweak and see if it works. If it does add back each additional tweak until your status bar tweak doesnt work qny more. Do not know what else to tell you at this point.

19. Alfroggy macrumors newbie

Hi. Are you sorted ? Post a screenshot of your WinterBoard menu otherwise, I can try and help if you wish me to.
    By the way, you don't need NoSpot as Springtimize deals with disabling spotlight search ;-)
    IMG_1597.PNG

Alex.

20. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Hey thanks, is it possible that nospot was interfering with the transparent status bar function? I just removed it (since u informed me I didn't need it due to springboard having the ability to do the same thing) and now it works!

21. Alfroggy macrumors newbie

Happy you found a work around. I don't know whether you noticed it but Spotlight search page is the only place where the status bar is truly clear, showing the wallpaper how it actually is, nothing overlaying it in the status bar area . So it appears plausible that a tweak pertaining to this particular page affects the Winterboard theme hooked to the status bar.
    Whatever be the reason, I'm glad you're sorted.