Transparent Toolbar

Discussion in 'macOS' started by BigMacUBC, Jan 9, 2011.

1. BigMacUBC macrumors newbie

Hi I was wondering if anyone knew how to make the toolbar at the top transparent without any third party apps? My friend macbook pro's tookbar is transparent by default.

Thanks

2. simsaladimbamba

System Preferences > Desktop & Screen Saver >> Desktop >>> Translucent Menu Bar
    [​IMG]

3. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

System Preferences/Desktop & Screensaver/Checkbox at bottom

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I'm guessing you have a Macbook Air. It should be transparent by default. If it isn't go to System Preferences >> Desktop and Screensaver >> check the Translucent menu bar option

EDIT: Beaten to it. That's what I get for watching Sam Rami's masterpiece (The Evil Dead 2) while surfing the forums.

5. BigMacUBC thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh I had that selected all along. I was wondering how transparent everyone else's menu bar is? I have a black wallpaper and the toolbar just seems to darken a little to grey. Is this normal?

6. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

why would you want your menu bar to be transparent if you just have a black background? Doesn't sound like you would be able to notice much.

The menu bar's transparency is dynamic. The transparency is dependent on your background.

7. BigMacUBC thread starter macrumors newbie

With my friends toolbar you can see her wallpaper though it. My wallpaper is of space with stars, but my toolbar is a light grey color.

I guess it's just my wallpaper.

Thanks for the help guys