Transporting an iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Bilemshious, May 21, 2009.

1. Bilemshious macrumors member

Bilemshious

I have a '09 24" iMac - what's the best way to transport it in the backseat of my little Honda Civic. I'll be driving 3 hours from college back home for a month or so.

Is it alright to lay it on it's side? Which side?

Suggestions?? . . .

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Pack it to its original box as it was there when you got it and put it on the seat and fasten its seatbelt.

3. akdj macrumors 65816

akdj

Hellhammer is right.

I run a mobile audio business. We use iMacs for Serato in the field. I originally bought a couple of the iLugger cases for them. They are nice and work as advertised, but I do NOT like the idea of carrying them upside down. We now use the original boxes solely for transportation. (I don't use a seatbelt though, we lay them down on the seat. Too big a span for the belt, I think:))

Take care

j

4. the-sandman macrumors regular

the-sandman

That's what I used to move my iMac to and from uni. Just put it in it's box and you're good to go. You can also get a good amount of DVDs in the box with the space infont and behind the iMac, I was getting pushed for space :p

5. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

Wirelessly posted (Nokia6500c/2.0 (09.45) Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Google iLugger, that's what i considered when i thought of getting an iMac as a super macbook!

6. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

Wirelessly posted (Nokia6500c/2.0 (09.45) Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Google iLugger, that's what i considered when i thought of getting an iMac as a super macbook!

7. PurdueBio macrumors newbie

Or you could do what the shipping trucks do...throw them in the back of bumpy truck, on a metal floorboard, drive them across the country making frequent sudden stops and accelerations.

I think it should be okay as long as you don't do anything worse than this, right?

8. UrFatMom macrumors regular

LOL. Actually this guy is right. Don't really take much time thinking "omg how will I transport my cpu" because in the end, it will travel just fine even if you don't have the purchase box.