Trapcall

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by theotherguy, Feb 18, 2009.

1. theotherguy macrumors member

Has anyone used this? I just set up my iphone with it, took a few mins. Seems like a cool idea, plus its basic functionality is free. If anyone is interested, I'll report any success/failures in the next few days (if I remember too ;))

https://www.trapcall.com/

From the website:
    "When Trapcall receives the blocked call, our ultra-high tech servers snap their digital fingers and the convenience begins... the unblocked number is instantly sent to your cell phone. No software needed."

2. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

its made by the same people that had that app. where you could change your voice and the number that shows up on others caller ID.... havent tried this though, seems fun.

3. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

I set this up on my 3G just the other day as well. I'm liking it so far, my friends who prank me don't know how I can tell it's them before they say a word...

4. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

I signed up for the free version but didn't use another phone to finish the setup process. I will this weekend.

I plan to use the middle (of the 3) versions, because I don't need to record my calls and all the other bells & whistles.

It's a great idea and I wish I could use it on my landline phone.

5. BNZ1 macrumors regular

Is this in cydia? (Sorry not jail broken at the moment so cant check)

6. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

Why would someone be willing to pay 25 a month just to uncover blocked call?

7. GSPice macrumors 68000

GSPice

I was willing to pay for the free version. So far no uncovered calls, but I like the "this line is disconnected" deal for blacklisted numbers.

8. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

9. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

SpoofCard?

10. patdesignsinc macrumors regular

patdesignsinc

Trapcall does NOT work on my iPhone. I tested it from another phone. When I reject the call, the phone I'm calling from just stops stops ringing. No re-directed call, no call back, nothing. Anybody else with this issue?

11. Pennyroyal macrumors member

Do it again, you must have done something wrong.
    Your iPhone isn't special :D

12. sako94 macrumors regular

it works perfectly ive had the basic version and helps me a lot! i recommend it 2 everyone :)

13. patdesignsinc macrumors regular

patdesignsinc

Yeaaaaah....no. It's still not working. I cancelled the service and started new. Still the same results. Oh well.

14. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Same here. What carrier do you have?

15. patdesignsinc macrumors regular

patdesignsinc

AT&T... and I'm NOT an AT&T basher. I love them. But I am thinking that it has something to do with the carrier.

16. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

I'm on AT&T and also have no problem with the service. This is really strange... Have you tried to contact Support from TrapCall? I had no problem setting it up on my AT&T iPhone 3G, hope you can get it working... Good luck!

17. ae6dx macrumors newbie

18. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

I'm on AT&T and I had the free version. It worked great. I removed the service though because I didn't like how visual voicemail didn't work.

19. Jmclark macrumors regular

20. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It used to work with V.V. but they decided to stop the free service they offered for a few months.
    So in order for your visual voicemail to work you have to pay them $2.99 per month.
    If not you can still use it free but you'll have to call an outside number to retreive your voicemails and will have to listen to an advertisement before getting to your message.

21. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

That is exactly why I canceled my service with them. I might pay for the cheapest one just so I can have voicemail working at the same time.

22. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

How'd you do it? I entered ##004# but it still has disabled visual voicemail for me.

23. Wailord macrumors 6502

I've used it for awhile but I recently canceled it because it broke the iPhone's voicemail. It's too bad, too- it was a great service.