Trapped

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Zarraya, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Zarraya macrumors newbie

I am trapped in windows and, a long story short, it is a copy of windows 8 that was not installed with boot camp on my MacBook pro (because windows 7 crashed and I had just burned windows 8 to a disk), thus I have none of the needed drivers. When I hold down option at the start up as well to get the boot loader there is only windows and nothing else... How do I get back to OSX?

2. DrKockter macrumors member

wipe the hard drive and start fresh

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Probably your only option at this point

4. Zarraya thread starter macrumors newbie

Could it be possible for the genius bar to pull data from the Mac partition that is still visible but unaccessable from windows 8?

5. Stetrain macrumors 68040

If you didn't format the entire drive when you installed Windows 8 that's very possible.

6. Zarraya thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank the heavens! I only formatted the windows bootcamp partition and can still see the other partitions on the drive in windows explorer, I just cant open them... Thank you all for your help.

7. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

Wait, since part of the drive is in NTFS, cant you just boot up a win 7 disk, format win 8 partition, install win 7 there, install proper drivers? Wouldnt that work?

8. dlimes13 macrumors 6502a

dlimes13

You could install a trial of Paragon HFS+ and that'll install the proper driver for the Mac partition, then you can pull your data.