Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
Does anyone have Trapster App? I didn't know this app runs in the background all the time even in standby mode with iOS4? It drained the battery like crazy.

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
Does anyone have Trapster App? I didn't know this app runs in the background all the time even in standby mode with iOS4? It drained the battery like crazy.

its updated for iOS 4.0 and if I remember correctly it said it would auto update your location.

Rooftop voter

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2010
I use trapster pretty frequently too, and it seems you need to turn off location services when your done using the app.

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
But I didn't know location will be constantly updated even when in standby mode. It keeps warning me about red light camera. I actually like it that way so it saves the battery a little bit with screen off. Just a warning to everyone with this app and iOS4. the only way to completely turn it off is kill in multitask bar.

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
But I didn't know location will be constantly updated even when in standby mode. It keeps warning me about red light camera. I actually like it that way so it saves the battery a little bit with screen off. Just a warning to everyone with this app and iOS4. the only way to completely turn it off is kill in multitask bar.

well yeah, because the app is running in the background it has background api's being in use

Doom878

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
Agreed. It killed like 25% on the way to work in 30 minutes of driving. You can only kill it in the multitask bar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.