Trash and finder are invisible on dock, please help

Discussion in 'macOS' started by khaledalouri, Jan 22, 2011.

1. khaledalouri, Jan 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2011

khaledalouri macrumors newbie

Hello there, how is it going?
    Well today i felt like changing the icons and stuff and i used candybar
    so after using i went to the dock after using the instructions and all and i find out that the trash and finder are invisible. i can see the name but cant click on it, i deleted com.apple.dock.... etc and other stuff and killall Dock
    but the problem isnt being solved. i dont want to reboot it . can there be any solution for it?please do help me, thanks in advance
    macbook pro OS X 10.6.6
    Have a nice day
    bye

2. LPZ macrumors 65816

You might try moving ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist to your Desktop (where ~ denotes your Home folder) and then entering

Code:
    killall Finder
    in Terminal.

3. khaledalouri thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello there
    well i tried this but it still didn't work, so i guess my last solution is to boot it again right?

4. LPZ macrumors 65816

Yes, a reboot is the next thing I would try.

5. Gregg2 macrumors 603

You don't want to reboot? Why?

It's been awhile since I've seen one of these "I messed with my Icons and now I have problems" threads. I had begun to think people have learned from the mistakes of others. Guess not.

Must be some folks out there who have used Candybar with no ill effects. Oh well...

6. khaledalouri thread starter macrumors newbie

well because its my first time to use candybar and i didnt know it would do such a thing..oh well now i know what it does and never mess with the icons and stuff :p