Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ingenious

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 13, 2004
Washington, D.C.
It's the little things in Tiger that are making me wish for the stability of Jaguar. I had some random weirdness last night, with the mouse jumping (at least I think that's what caused it- it does jump and sometimes I inadvertently click things).

Today was the worst, though. I was using Quicken 2005, and needed to pull a .QIF file out of the trash. I go to open it, and nothing happens. I tried several times, but finally, I just logged out and logged back in. Quicken also wouldn't quit using Quicken 2005>Quit.

Very strange... any ideas on why this is happening or if "the little things" are every going to be fixed? In some ways, the polish of these "little" things are what brought me to love my PowerBook back in 2003.

mklos

macrumors 68000
Dec 4, 2002
My house!
Not sure about the trash thing, but I use Quicken 2004 and sometimes the quit doesn't work either. It has to be a bug in the Quicken software as thats the only app I've ever seen the Quit function not work in.

I wouldn't exactly call Jaguar stable.... Maybe you're confusing Jaguar with Panther? (OS X.2=Jaguar, OS X.3=Panther)

ingenious

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 13, 2004
Washington, D.C.
mklos said:
Not sure about the trash thing, but I use Quicken 2004 and sometimes the quit doesn't work either. It has to be a bug in the Quicken software as thats the only app I've ever seen the Quit function not work in.

I wouldn't exactly call Jaguar stable.... Maybe you're confusing Jaguar with Panther? (OS X.2=Jaguar, OS X.3=Panther)

Thanks for the insight on Quicken. It'd be nice if those "little things" were fixed, too! :D

Actually Jaguar was extremely stable for me. Panther froze (actual mouse-doesn't-move-can't-do-anything freeze) an hour to an hour and a half after I installed it- the first time that my PowerBook had ever done that. Panther still holds the record for the number of freezes like that. I can, however, still count the number of such freezes on my fingers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.