"Trash" for email doesn't work

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Neutral Milk, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Neutral Milk macrumors regular

Neutral Milk

I use the iOS email app for work and Mailbox for personal email, and as far as I can tell when I get notifications on my watch and click "trash" in the former it doesn't actually work. The emails still sit in my inbox. "Archive" for personal emails does work.

Is this a problem others are experiencing?

2. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

Is it storing it in the trash folder on one of your devices? (And not the other). In which case I would suggest something to do with your IMAP settings, check if it is just POP3 as that would only hit traahnon the watch. But by default thos ahould be IMAP4 so I would be suprised. Long shot, just mine seems to work! Either way, hope you get it sorted soon.

3. Neutral Milk thread starter macrumors regular

Neutral Milk

Thanks so much for your help! It isn't really a big deal.. It's only very mildly inconvenient.

Anyway it's an exchange account. Looking in the settings I'm not sure if exchange accounts are typically IMAP or POP3. The advanced settings didn't say.

It doesn't seem to delete from either place. Not my phone or the account online.

4. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

Go to the settings app > Mail > Exchange. See what it says there? On my iPad I get this view: (Note "iMap")

Attached Files:

5. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

And it is no problem! I suspect it will be something else but worth checking!

6. Neutral Milk thread starter macrumors regular

Neutral Milk

It says Exchange where yours says IMAP. I think because I set it up as an exchange account (rather than, say, other) it's showing up that way.

7. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

Try setting this up again as Other? I believe it should default to exchange anyway but if this was a one off mistake it should be righted. Failing that, go on a computer and delete an email. This should work as IMAP deleting it off the server the phone would be accessing.

8. Neutral Milk thread starter macrumors regular

Neutral Milk

That's the weird thing.. If I delete off my computer it deletes off my phone, and if I delete from my phone it deletes off the computer.

This leads me to believe it isn't an issue with IMAP v. Pop3 as that issue would be present in my phone not just my watch.

The disconnect seems to be between the watch and the phone specifically. Deleting from the watch deletes from neither the phone or the computer.

9. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

Ah, I thought you were telling me you could not delete from the server on either of them!