Trash problems using usb sticks.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by yettimillan, Jul 8, 2009.

1. yettimillan macrumors regular

Hi, when i transferred all of my music from my windows pc to my mac it went well and all my music was on my mac.

Then i deleted the music off of the usb using my mac, then ejected my usb. When I put it back into my windows pc it said the memory was full. I then put it back into my mac and the files appeared in the Trash so i deleted them.

Now there was nothing im my trash, and as soon as i put my usb in there was an old cv which i had deleted of my usb a month ago....

I don't understand why the files are in the trash when only the usb is plugged in, does this mean that the deleted file is on my mac or usb? and also what is the relationship between mac and usb stick?

Thanks

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Empty the trash with the USB stick in your computer. It will then actually erase them from the stick. If you take out the stick before emptying the trash then the files still reside on the stick. Dont just put the files in the trash, you have to empty the trash also. :)

3. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

This is the way OS X handles USB sticks. Confusing at first but easy to get used to.