trash will not allow trash

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mojohojo, Dec 5, 2007.

1. mojohojo macrumors regular

my trash won't allow anything from my HD to be trashed!
    whenever i drag or :apple:+Delete something, it would ask me straight away if i want to delete this file forever. instead of moving into the trash, it just gets deleted straight away!

why is my macbook suddenly having so many random problems :mad:..and straight after my one year warranty..:confused:

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Have you deleted the hidden .Trashes folder in an attempt to resolve another Trash-related problem? If you have, that would cause this problem to occur. (Yes, the folder's name really does start with a period.)

3. akadmon macrumors 68010

I don't know, can the Trash be completely full under OS X? In other words, does the Trash get allocated a certain amount of space to hold things until they are deleted? If that were the case, then I can see why the OS would delete the file immediately, rather than hold it in the Trash.

AppleCare is pretty much a must for laptops (heck, I bought it for my Mac Pro :eek:). I know that paying an extra 15% on top of a premium Apple charges for the hardware is painful, but the pain might be eased a little by delaying the AppleCare purchase a few months (you have up to 365 days). Oh well, live and learn, mojohojo:)

4. mojohojo thread starter macrumors regular

oh, now it seems to be fixed. not sure how - just repaired disk permissions last night, turned it off. now it seems fine.

yes, i did buy the applecare (on the very last day). i just thought its very strange that these strange problem occur right after it...