Trashed MacBook Air on eBay with a $950 BUY IT NOW!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by krye, Apr 28, 2008.

1. krye macrumors 68000

krye

Wow! Check this out on eBay. Some guy trashed his MacBook Air trying to do a logo mod. Too bad it's not worth fixing. I mean, an LCD is about $300-$350, and you still have to get your hands on a LCD bezel. So when all is said and done, it's probably not that much cheaper than just buying a new one. Crazy nonetheless! Check it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MacBook-Air-1-6...yZ111422QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2. Skystar macrumors 6502

Ouch. Looks like they had trouble getting the front bezel off. I would have quit as soon as I saw it bending like that.. :confused:

3. Radioman macrumors regular

4. iSee macrumors 68040

iSee

Ouch, those pics make me cringe.

Yeah, I too have a hard time believing the seller will get that price for it.
    Option 1: Fix it--in which case you'd be better off buying a new one.
    Option 2: run it only in clamshell mode: It'd be cheaper/better to buy a new or used Mini.

Edit: LOL, another poster started with "ouch" too.

5. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

Double Ouch!

The original owner was insane! Why would you want to do a mode yourself and pry the bezel off, once it starts bending.... STOP TWISTING IT OFF!

I agree, no one in their right mind, (unless they want to do another mod) is going to pay $1000 for a broken laptop.

6. Siron macrumors 6502

Siron

I believe that one of the magazines dismantled a MBA on the day it was announced (http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/First-Look/Mac/MacBook-Air) and the only issue they had was bending the bezel slightly because it was attached to the case with double sided tape. They certainly didn't do the damage that this tosser did.