Travel Apps - disappointing

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by NotSafeForWork, May 13, 2015.

1. NotSafeForWork macrumors regular

NotSafeForWork

On my first business trip with my watch and I had high hopes for a few apps but in the end only one was useful.

- Tripcase was hopeless and displayed nothing legible or useful
    - Marriott spent all the time complaining I had no reservations although the iPhone version had the right information
    - The only useful one was the Alaska Airlines app - nice simple Glances for takeoff and arrival information including gate etc. in flight it showed remaining flight time. Nice job.

Room for LOTS of improvement on the watch - travel is a big use case for Watch versus having to pull out iPhone all the time.

I uninstalled all the apps from my watch except Alaska.

Anyone else had a good experience?

Attached Files:

2. TRIXXY DIXXY macrumors newbie

TRIXXY DIXXY

That is disappointing, I was banking on using Tripcase a lot for when I fly out to NYC next month. I know it needs an Internet connection for it to be any use.

3. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

I haven't yet, but taking a trip in a few weeks and was thinking of trying out Yelp, Uber and American Airlines.

4. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

I tried Tripcase for an upcoming trip I'll be taking, but it didn't even recognize my Southwest information! Completely useless even before trying to use the Apple Watch portion of the app.

I ended up going with TripIt. They want me to pay $49 a year to access all the features (no thanks), but so far seems like the best of a small batch of apps. I'll update after my trip in June.

5. maliu macrumors 6502a

6. rawlus macrumors regular