Travel Apps

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by Apfpilot, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Apfpilot macrumors regular

I travel quite a bit for business and I'm looking forward to new ways to use my watch with the travel apps. So far I've only had the opportunity to use the Marriott App for my first booking since I got my watch on Friday morning. Pretty neat, it allows online check in on the phone and provides a map to the hotel location.

Anyone else have any travel apps to share or any that they have used?

2. maliu macrumors 6502a

3. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

So far, there's nothing really new or innovative on the watch to be honest. All the apps I use add a glance or notification option on the watch. Boarding passes are probably the biggest innovation I've seen... Given you have to produce it 10 times to get on a plane, the wrist is a pretty convenient place for it. But even then, It can require two hands, which may make it more difficult to show than using one hand to get your phone out and show it.

The turn by turn assistance of Maps is also a nice touch when driving in an unknown city if you don't have a dash mount for your phone, but I do, so again the watch doesn't add much value there for me.

Like many initial apps for the watch, the travel apps on are a bit of a novelty more than a real time saving aid.