travel by air

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bluebird3, Oct 7, 2013.

1. bluebird3 macrumors regular

I haven't traveled for a long while..... is there electrical out let by your seat on the air plane?

What about internet connection ?

2. mfram macrumors 65816

There's no consistency on either answer. Newer planes may have electrical outlets. Some even have 110V. But that's not the norm. Some planes have 12V sockets like in cars. Others have 12V sockets that are smaller than cars. Some have no connections at all. It all depends on how old the plane is you end up on.

Internet access generally depends on carrier. And when it's available, I have seen WiFi access generally. You'll have to check your airline's website. But, again, it depends on the plane.

Apple offers an airline power adapter kit if you want to be able to use power on a plane.

3. bluebird3 thread starter macrumors regular

mmmm i wouldn't know until i actually get on the plane then..... If i bought those adaptor and the plane want equipped to use it.... I'd be wasting money on the adaptor it sounds like...

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Most airlines show the info on their website. I have a flight coming up on United and they have a detailed list here show ing what is available for each model plane.

5. jdechko macrumors 68040

Also, check out seatguru for really detailed information about amenities onboard.

Of course, all the planning in the world doesn't help if your plane gets changed at the gate due to a mechanical malfunction.