Travel organizer, app, to do, integrated

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Basilfawltyone, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Basilfawltyone macrumors regular

Not sure what forum to address this to so trying here.

Me and my wife are full time travelers in an RV. I am traveling from place to place inside the US. Getting tips from i.e. TripAdvisor what to see and here to eat etc.

Trying to find an app where we can get all info in and that integrates with Maps, Calendar etc. and where I can save text, reviews, pics etc from different sites, put in the address and date/time and use it as a travel journal planning tool.

Anyone here who can recommend a good app?

Looked at OneNote but I am not in love with Miscrosoft ;-)

2. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Evernote.... Could be used to capture all the information you are looking for. Could store links to the map in question inside the note itself.

3. Basilfawltyone thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks

Thanks for your tips. Looked at it but hate subscriptions. Maybe Apple will com up with something. Would love if it synced between native Apple apps like maps, contact etc.

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I would find one good notebook app, and create a workflow to handle the other stuff to put in it (You can save the maps/directions as a PDF). You're not going to find that one app that does all that without quirks.

Have a play around with Notebooks - http://www.notebooksapp.com/mac/

The way the Todos work is sorta weird, but considering you're using it for traveling, you might like it. It also handles PDFs and you can read them within the app.

It's very much drag and drop/copy and paste too. Just make sure you set it up to work with formatted documents by default.