Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sterling32

macrumors member
Original poster
May 27, 2015
Wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a travel adapter for use with an iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch. I’ve for a 35W Apple adapter with the travel plugs from Apple but would like something that can charge more devices at once. My partner and I are traveling this summer so we will have a couple phones and watches plus at least my iPad to charge likely daily.

I almost bought the Zendure adapter a couple years ago when I went to Scotland but stuck with the Apple one because it was just me. Wondering if anyone has any recommendations.

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
I am currently using several of these both travel and home.

speedport 120​

$99.95
For Apple Watch Series 7, Apple Watch Series 6/SE/5/4, MacBooks, Apple Devices, iPhone
Created exclusively for Apple, this 120W 4-port GaN fast charger* will charge up to 4 devices at a time (including a laptop). One charger will do all.

1714347367849.jpeg

sterling32

macrumors member
Original poster
May 27, 2015
Maybe I wasn’t clear in my post. I’m specifically looking for an adapter for travel in Europe. So something small, universal, and ablr to connect power in Ireland, the UK, Netherlands, and Germany specifically.

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Add this to the kit. Apple World Travel Adapter Kit

1714348810505.png

• Love
Reactions: arc of the universe

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I like this one because it has 3 USB-C ports.

dmccombs

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
I use the one in the post above when traveling by myself (MisterSavage), and the in the link below when I have a few more devices.

Reactions: MisterSavage

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
I travel with the Zendure Passport adapter. It has four USB-C ports, one USB-A port, and you can piggy back other devices onto it. $40.

Reactions: sterling32

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I travel with the Zendure Passport adapter. It has four USB-C ports, one USB-A port, and you can piggy back other devices onto it. $40.

Nice! I probably should have bought that one since USB-A ports aren't something I care about anymore.

sterling32

macrumors member
Original poster
May 27, 2015

I’ve had that sitting in my cart for a while. I may pull the trigger now. Thanks.

DaniTheFox

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2023
Switzerland
Wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a travel adapter for use with an iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch. I’ve for a 35W Apple adapter with the travel plugs from Apple but would like something that can charge more devices at once. My partner and I are traveling this summer so we will have a couple phones and watches plus at least my iPad to charge likely daily.

I almost bought the Zendure adapter a couple years ago when I went to Scotland but stuck with the Apple one because it was just me. Wondering if anyone has any recommendations.
The iPad Pro 13“ can charge as much as 15V by 2.5A. This is 37.5W. So it depends on the iPads, iPhones etc. you have and the speed you would like to have charging them all at once. This can mean a quite large charger.

cczhu

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2018
I will just get two 35W Apple dual USB-C chargers, they're usually on sale at Amazon for $40 each.
Much better quality and value than third party chargers, not to mention compatibility.

Loopy65

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2008
Wales, UK
Reactions: iGeneo

iGeneo

macrumors demi-god
Jul 3, 2010
Maybe I wasn’t clear in my post. I’m specifically looking for an adapter for travel in Europe. So something small, universal, and ablr to connect power in Ireland, the UK, Netherlands, and Germany specifically.
A little late to this.. I travel a fair bit, have been through several and use this one. (Also have a 100W version)

INVIZI GaN Travel Charger

A "universal adapter" doesn't really work that well IMHO, they tend to fall out of outlets when you plug something into them. I always have the UK adapter for airplane travel, the US plug seems to fall out as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.