Travel router that supports Airplay?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Paco II, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Paco II macrumors 65816

Does anyone know of a travel router that has wifi hotspot capability (router 'shares' an existing wireless signal) as well as supporting Airplay? I've yet to find any that have this feature and also support Airplay.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Currently, the only router that has Airplay capabilities is the Airport Express. It may be able to do what you want.

3. Paco II thread starter macrumors 65816

Travel router that supports Airplay?

Actually, a number of third party routers support Airplay, in terms of passing through the correct signal. Unfortunately none of ones I know of have the wifi hotspot feature I need, including the Airport Express.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

If you equate supporting Airplay with routing Airplay traffic from one device to the other, then nearly every router made within the past 10 years supports it. Normally when one states something supports Airplay, it's referring to the device's ability to accept an Airplay stream and output sound or video.

5. Paco II thread starter macrumors 65816

I wish you were correct in terms of router support, but sadly you're not. Many do not have the correct bonjour support to allow it to work. And getting back to my original question of a router that also has a wifi hotspot capability, I've not found *any* yet. Hence my original question asking if anyone knows of one.

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Can you link to a third party's router that has Airplay support as defined by Apple's definition of supporting Airplay? As for supporting Bonjour, nearly ever router made in the last 10+ years supports it.