Travel size MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jerryk, May 14, 2017.

1. jerryk macrumors 68030

Hi,

I am traveling soon and don't want to lug my 15 rMBP around, so I am thinking about getting a smaller MB/MBP.

I need this unit to be able to upload images and 4K videos from my cameras and ensure I captured them properly and do not need to re-shoot. This involves running Lightroom and Premier Pro and doing reviews and some minor editing to ensure the quality is good enough for publication.

Also, I need to do some level of programming in Python, Android, and IOS. I use XCode for IOS and IntelliJ for Android.

Any suggestions for current or used systems?

2. TonyK macrumors 6502a

TonyK

Here my thinking is to replace an old 17" MBP with a 15 MBP because of the weight and size of the 17".

The only true thing to do in your case would be to evaluate the MB air @ 12". Not sure if it has the power needed especially for 4K videos. Lighter weight tasks it should handle but 4K could stretch it.

3. rrayborn38 macrumors newbie

I just finished up two weeks in China with my 2016 13" nTB MBP - very light and easy to carry around and it meets all of your requirements.

4. bigdogn12 macrumors member

And relatively cheap, many sales to be had around $1249 USD right now. Only downside is battery life of average 6-7 hours. :(