travel to NY to get discount?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by azon, Oct 13, 2007.

1. azon macrumors newbie

The $dollar is low against the Swedish SEK right now so I am thinking about going to NY to get my MBP there instead of buying it at home. The ticket cost me about $615 and the MBP $1799 in the USand theA and cost me $2500 in Sweden.
    so I get the ticket for free! ...and I'm going to buy a hell lot of more stuff too!
    ex. Gibson Hummingbird guitar $1999(US) <<>> $3699(Sweden)

OK to my question, $1799 for MBP is the price with student discount right?, is there any possibilities to get that discount if you are a studen in Sweden? How fastidious can the staff be?:confused:
    Can you go in to a Applestore in NY and buy a MBP or do I have to wait for shipping?
    /sorry for wretched english!:)

2. mcmacmcmac macrumors member

Pehaps call Apple and see what they say before booking that ticket. Then again, it shouldn't be too difficult to slip some kid on the streets of NYC $20 to purchase the machine for you.

3. chelseasian macrumors regular

chelseasian

I also noticed that corporate discounts are the same as students' discount. Correct me if I am wrong. I use my employee ID at the Apple store and I always get my discount.

4. rhys105 macrumors regular

rhys105

Go to NY, have a good time, ill be there next week...........might see u lol

5. bevo macrumors regular

Make sure they have the laptop in stock in the store as well. Some friends of mine went to the Pittsburgh store to buy a mbp only to have to wait a month for it to be shipped to them from China.

6. imac/cheese macrumors 6502a

Can't beat a free ticket to NYC. Have a great time.

7. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Can you use corporate and student discounts in their brick and mortar stores? I figured they would only work online...

8. Half Glass macrumors regular

You can definately use academic discounts in the stores

--HG