A little background. I was ready early this week ready to push the submit button on a Labor Day Weekend trip back to London (Sept 1-4). It was going to be on BA (British Airways). Lets say for discussions sake that the events of this past week did not happen till Monday, Sept 4th. There I am with with my carry-on and my camera bag. Prior to Sept 4th there would have been no issue. But now BA does not allow any carry-on baggage. What are my options for my camera gear? None of the bags I planed on will survive IMO the baggage handling. Fast forward to the reality of what we have now. So far US carriers have not gone as far as BA has. But could they not be far behind? Could there be enough of a "threat" to cause US domestic flights to go to the extreme of what BA has done for flights to the US? What do we as photographers do to protect our gear? I did talk with my insurance agent this morning. And it seems that I am protected on loss of my gear by the airlines. But not damage. My current thoughts are to get a Pelican 1510 case and a camera bag that will fit it. It meets the carry-on standards. Limits to a degree what I may want to have at hand, but it does allow me a certain comfort if I do have to check the gear in. I know of the advise of shipping things forward. In my case I am still waiting to hear back if this is possible for my Oct cruise. Just wanted to hear from others on the current state of affairs.