Travel with RMBP in Backpack

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NomadicTy, Jun 24, 2012.

1. NomadicTy macrumors regular

Hi!

I've got a 07 MBP and was thinking about getting the Retina MacbookPro. I'm kind of worried on how it's gotten skinnier. When I travel, I use a Tenba backpack. I put my laptop in this space between my back, and the compartment where I put all my camera and video gear. It can get heavy. With the RMBP being skinnier, I'm worried about it flexing too much while traveling. Anybody carry their RMBP in a similar manner? Does the RMBP look like it can handle more than a trek from the car to Starbucks?

Thanks!

2. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Apple builds to the same durability standard. My various MBP's are carried in a heavily loaded backpack a minimum of four days per week. A huge fitness enthusiast & cyclist, I ride my bike to work (40 mi. round trip) daily. As long as it's not dropped I'm quite confident you'll do just fine.

3. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

Don't worry I'm sure it won't be problem. You would have to put some considerable force on the laptop to get it to flex, carrying it in a backpack will be no problem.

4. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

What brand backpack and sleeve so you use?

5. Melih macrumors member

Holy Jesus Christ dude!

6. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

When attending MacWorld SF in 2001 I bought my first Crumpler (Australia).

Very well made of high quality materials, included removable sleeve designed for Macs, it's a great bag.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. leenak macrumors 68020

I've been looking at Crumpler for a while although it seems male focused, I just saw this on their website: (it is neutral looking which is ok, although I'd prefer red ;) )
    [​IMG]

8. NomadicTy thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, ixodes, everyone for the responses!

I'm slowly getting convinced to finally replace my mbp.