Traveling during launch? What's your plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brarian, Jun 11, 2010.

?

Travelers, how are you going to get your iPhone 4?

1. Have it shipped to the city I'm staying in

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Have it shipped to my home, set up when I get back

8 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. Go to Apple/AT&T in the city I'm staying in

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  4. Go by Apple/AT&T store once I'm back home

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  5. Who cares? I'm not upgrading.

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. brarian macrumors newbie

I will be traveling during launch. I originally wanted the phone shipped to the place I will be staying, but I won't have my computer along to set it up in iTunes (owning an iMac occasionally puts me at a disadvantage). Since I've already sold my 3g, I don't want to wait an extra minute for my phone, so I'll head to the Apple Store from the airport. I hope that a) the line isn't long enough for me to finish reading a Victorian novel and b) they don't jack up my FAN account. What are you doing, launch day travelers?

2. jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

You need a new poll option:

I'm not crazy like most of the people on this forum and I realize it's just a PHONE.

Seriously.

3. applefan022 macrumors 6502

I'm gonna be in Orlando the 22-29th of June i really want to pick it up there but i dont have a clue what ill be up too on that day. So may just have it shipped to my house and let it sit there till i get back which is not the thing I want to do!

4. mbsaeger macrumors 6502

mbsaeger

But no one would choose that option...

5. mzd macrumors 6502a

i'll be up in the Boundary Waters during launch so shipped to my house would be the obvious choice. :)

6. lnferno macrumors 6502

I'll be traveling when the pre-orders should arrive, so when I pre-order, I'm going to have it shipped to the hotel that I'm going to be staying at.

7. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

what i'm doing

I am currently selling my 3gs 16gb on ebay it's at 400!! with a day left. then again it has two warranties so!

Towards this thread I will be traveling to the Dominican Republic from June 15-24! I will be shipping my old phone out this monday! pre-ordering tuesday at 12am and hopefully when i come back have a package :p. so a day or two without my phone on each end of my vacation not bad!

8. calvy macrumors 65816

I'm not sure if I'll be traveling. So I have no idea what to do at this point. If the Texas Longhorn baseball teams makes it to the College World Series in Omaha, then I might be in Omaha on launch day. However, if they lose between now and launch day, I'll be here at home.

I'm most likely just going to have it shipped to my house and if I'm not here then I'll just have to wait a day or two.

9. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

I'll also be traveling during launch(already am traveling) I just plan on picking it up once I'm home. Hopefully the lines will be dead by the end of July! :O

10. CJayC macrumors 6502

Look at this cool guy trying to be different

11. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

I'm in england and is going to travel to my nearest city (20miles away.).

However, I think I might just pre-order one instead of actually travelling this year, sounds soo much easier. lol