Traveling imacs

Discussion in 'iMac' started by brie, Apr 3, 2009.

1. brie macrumors newbie

I want to take my 24 inch iMac in my rv for a whole bunch of good reasons, how will this aluminum unit hold up in a shaky environment, I figure i will have it all covered, computer, dvd player, music,etc and no i do not want to bring a lap top. thanks for any input

2. wfoster macrumors 6502a

wfoster

The screen would probably be first to break. Make sure your under warranty and/or AppleCare. Backup your hard-drive to an external hard-drive and then you can hit the road.

I wouldn't recommend it though.

3. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

um are u high. sorry but just dont do it. Just take a laptop u can keep safe in a drawer or in a bag

4. jarenado macrumors regular

jarenado

im thinking mounting it like a flat screen would help, it wont fall over that way. its a cool idea, if you have a tv in the rv already maybe you should think about buying a mac mini, and leave the imac at home

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Traveling iMacs are called MacBook Pro, and they look the same too.

6. NRose8989 macrumors 6502a

This should work.

Considering Apple ships everything via UPS or Fed-Ex and lord knows how they treat packages. I don't see much of an issue as long as you pack it up correctly.

7. mcpryon2 macrumors 6502

I think if you're talking about using the iMac while driving you may want to look into getting a VESA mount for it. Personally, I don't thi...no, I know I wouldn't try using a free-standing iMac in a moving RV.