Traveling in May - Buy now?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Mhaddy, Mar 9, 2008.

  1. Mhaddy macrumors 6502

    Mhaddy

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2005
    Location:
    Canada
    #1
    As with any new product, especially something as innovative as the MBA, I'm a little cautious picking it up right away. I try to wait a while to see what (if any) issues surface, like those that are being discussed with now in this forum. The only thing that really concerns me is the "Flash issue", full screen video issue, and racing fans (all related, I know).

    However, I'm planning on doing some traveling this summer (starting mid/end of May) and will need a laptop to take with me (and I'm obviously thinking MBA). My question to you all is whether or not I should wait ~ a month or so to see how this "Flash issue" unfolds and if Apple will address/fix it, or if I should just take the plunge now. I'm a little concerned about availability, given that I just read a thread from someone who said estimated delivery date is beginning of April (and he ordered it recently).

    Thoughts? Buy now and hope whatever issue is a software one and can be resolved with a patch? Or wait a month or more to see how the issue unfolds, maybe a new hardware revision, but risk not getting an MBA before I leave?
     
  2. Zorn macrumors 6502a

    Zorn

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2006
    Location:
    Ohio
    #2
    Well even if they do address it, you'll be able to download the update whether you buy your Macbook today or two months from now. A full out hardware revision is really unlikely in that time frame.
     
  3. Mhaddy thread starter macrumors 6502

    Mhaddy

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2005
    Location:
    Canada
    #3
    WRT hardware revisions, I was more referring to the "first batch" or "second batch", etc. of hardware like what the Touch went through upon its release.
     

Share This Page