Traveling on launch day...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PackFan, Jun 12, 2010.

1. PackFan macrumors regular

PackFan

Can I not preorder then? Can I order online with AT&T and have it shipped to a different address? Can it be guaranteed to arrive on Thursday?

Thanks.

2. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Not to be mean, but this has been answered ten million times. A minor search will provide your answers.

You can have your phone shipped wherever. You will still need iTunes to activate it. Nothing is ever guaranteed. It will tell you on your preorder ticket when it should arrive. If it says Thursday, the 24th, then unless the carrier screws up (UPS or FedEx), then you should have it the 24th.

3. iphone1027 macrumors 6502

You can have it shipped to a different address, but as to be "guaranteed", well that's probably likely but I wouldn't bet 100%. Even though couriers are pretty good at delivering on time, there may be a delay in delivery due to accidents, misroutes, acts of God, etc.

I have read other members, pre-ordering to a different address (even hotels) because they anticipate they will be there on launch day (June 24th).

4. PackFan thread starter macrumors regular

PackFan

I assume they give the delivery date at the end of the preorder - how is that helpful as to where I want it shipped? It would be useful to know ahead of time...

5. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

You assume wrong. In my past experience, you will see the estimated shipped date before you complete your order.

6. PackFan thread starter macrumors regular

PackFan

OK - I guess we'll see. If you're wrong I'll reply with a similar attitude as you have shown.

Thanks (??) for your help.

7. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Hahaha. The only reason I've given you a hard time is because there are many other threads which have answered these questions. :)

8. h1kar1 macrumors regular

h1kar1

Hey guys.

I have my own thread on this very thing.

My mom and sis will be visiting us during launch they plan to buy iphone along with me and my wife.

Any how My mom was told by apple rep and at&t rep that pre-orders can only be shipped to billing address. ie shipping and billing can not be different.

Now these guys could not know what they are talking about but two diffrent people saying the same things.

So we are on the wall as to what to do my wife and i will still be ordering to our house but seems like we may have to reserve phones for them and goto an apple store for them

If anyone has gotten diffrent information please let me know who you talked to and where. In a perfect world i would like to BBQ with the family and wait for the iphone at home. and not loss a day of vacation time for my mom and sis.

9. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

The AT&T rep is wrong. AT&T even announced through their press release that you can have it shipped anywhere you'd like. You can confirm this on th AT&T Facebook page, their reps will tell you the same.

10. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

No, no and umm no. That should help. :)