Traveling out of the US

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jasvncnt, Aug 8, 2011.

1. jasvncnt macrumors 6502

Hi all. Looking for just a little advice. Going to Bahamas at the end of August for a week. I will really be using my iphone as a camera. Might make just a few phone calls threw the week and a few txt. I'm assuming I should get an international package from AT&T? Also if when I am not using it can I just leave airplane mode on? I'm just afraid of missing something and coming home to a huge phone bill. Any one have some advice or experience with this?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Yeah; don't bother making calls on roaming. Just take out the SIM card. You can still use your iPhone as a camera, but the need to make calls can be substituted with a calling card and your hotel/pay phone landlines.

3. jasvncnt thread starter macrumors 6502

Great idea! Didnt even think of that. Thank you very much.

4. ateganda29 macrumors member

i'm thinking you can also turn your data roaming and cellular data off while keeping your wifi on. i believe this will let you receive and send emails when connected to wifi. then you can use those apps that use voip like viber or whatsapp to call and/or text.