Traveling Overseas with iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yaboyjay65, Jul 20, 2016.

1. yaboyjay65 macrumors newbie

So next month I'm going to the UK and France with my iPhone SE (locked on a two-year contract with Verizon). Verizon's let me know that my phone is unlocked and good to go to switch out with another SIM. The problem is, I don't know which SIM to buy. I'm pretty sure I want a pay-as-you-go plan, and I've been looking at something like GigSky, but that's super expensive (like $50 for a gig of data) and only offers data. Anyone have any experience with any UK / French cell carriers overseas that can comment on their reliability / coverage / pricing?

2. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

I purchased this one for a trip last summer to France. It worked well in Paris, Loire Valley and Normandy. It used the Lebara network and the network was strong everywhere we went. You probably will want a separate SIM for the UK. Another option is to stop in a cell phone kiosk when you land at the airport and purchase a local SIM. The nice thing about purchasing one before your trip is that you can give the phone number to the hotels you are going to and you don't have to worry about spending time purchasing one when you arrive.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/French-prep...hash=item1a154e5b5c:m:mW_0gkVDOMCpGWXXwPPcqzA