Traveling to Europe and...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ItsDaKronic, Dec 9, 2007.

1. ItsDaKronic macrumors newbie

I need a power adapter and I found the world travel kit at the Apple site but One of the guys that poster there said that I also need converter because his g4 apparently got killed after using the adapter without a power converter.

So what I need is help finding one that has both. Can you guys please help me out? A link to where I can purchase one or a store where I can buy one would be great.

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

You were told wrong. Anything that converts the plug will do it. These can be had for a few dollars, or for a fistful with the Apple Travel Kit (which I have and love).

The brick takes care of converting the power.

3. ItsDaKronic thread starter macrumors newbie

/\ Oh man thats a relief. Ok so Im just going to have to buy the Travel kit and I'm good to go right?

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Yes that is exactly the case. I bought the UK plug off someone here (not the entire kit) and just used it as is. It worked and my PB is not killed in any way.

5. weckart macrumors 68040

Hold on a second, just what are you taking to Europe? Your friend's G4, was that a laptop or an iMac? Portables can be used worldwide, desktops not always.

There have been a number of stories on Macrumors where Americans have taken their iMacs to Europe and killed them, because they did not realise that earlier iMacs did not have a 110-240volt psu inside.

6. ItsDaKronic thread starter macrumors newbie

No I have a macbook. iMac is way too big to travel to another country.

Thanx for your answers guys that helped me alot. I think I will buy one those from RadioShack for cheaper.