Traveling to goteborg Sweden

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mikeyredk, May 5, 2008.

1. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

Well as the title suggests I am traveling to sweden in the early part of june for business (for the entire week). But I can still have some pleasure right ;). What is there to do around the city? Should i head down to Copenhagen? is it far? or should I take the ferry across the channel to denmark? I might have 2 days Friday and saturday of the end of the week or I could have those days plus a sunday (Swedish sunday). Where can I pick up some good beer and get it shipped?

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

If you're going to Sweden, why not stay in Sweden and travel? Make the most of being in Sweden rather than rush around to different places. Travelling from one place to another is the worst part of any trip. Seeing things is the best part. I say maximize the sightseeing and minimize the time you spend on trains.

3. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Hmmm, last time I checked Copenhagen was in Denmark. Copenhagen is a cool city, but then so is Goteborg. Stockholm is nice too. Like Abstract said, I wouldn't spend too much time rushing around. Start with the sights where you are and see where that takes you.

4. Queso macrumors G4

Goteborg is closer to Copenhagen than to Stockholm, and since the opening of the bridge it's very easy to cross from Sweden into Denmark.

Saying that, you really ought to go to Stockholm. A city on a thousand islands, all parks and palaces. Worth seeing, even if the alcohol is way too expensive.

5. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Yes, I know it is. I was just commenting on how he was asking if he should go to Copenhagen or Denmark, as if they were two completely separate places. Anyway, whatever the OP ends up doing I'm sure it will be great. I miss Sweden!

6. mikeyredk thread starter macrumors 65816

What I meant was northern denmark across the bay or go south via driving. I might not get a car, I might be shuttled around with other people from work. Someone from work suggested that I go to Oslo. The thing with the trip is I will fly out of what ever city I plan on visiting so if I visit Copenhagen I will fly out back to the states etc… Plus I have to keep the ticket fare below 1400…

If I stay in Sweden is there anything particular that if I only go there once in my lifetime I must see