Carrier Traveling to Greece with iPad Air CELLULAR

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Patrezko, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Patrezko macrumors newbie

Hello, I'm travelling to greece, and I want to buy SIM-card with mobile internet on it as cheap as possible for my iPad Air Cellular... I will be there just 2 weeks so If is some mobile operator is offering first 30 days with free internet or so it would be great... In which carrier should I buy SIM card contract-free?

Thanks

2. soniasim macrumors member

soniasim

Hello, I am from Greece! At this moment, the best option for prepaid data is this one:
    http://www.wind.gr/en/f2g/bundles/mega-bundles/absolute-surf/

I am just not really sure whether it's also available to tourists or just to customers that live in Greece.

I believe that if you go to a Wind shop and give a valid id, you will be ok! You will need to buy the sim card before you activate the mentioned package (I think it costs 10€).

3. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

No info for you...but since you're going to Greece, I posted to say 'Kalo Taxidi.'

Sadly, its been 14 years since I've seen my family in Chios, Greece.

4. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

I did this last summer. Walked into Wind with my iPhone 4s and received a 30GB or 30 days data-only SIM for 13 Euros. Didn't desire to make any calls, just used text and email.

5. Yebubbleman macrumors 68030

Yebubbleman

SIM cards

Just an FYI and an important thing to bear in mind: The iPad Air, both generations of iPad mini, the iPhone 5, 5s, and 5c all use nano-SIM cards, whereas all previous generation iPads along with the iPhone 4 and 4S use micro-SIM cards. The two are not interchangable and the latter type won't fit in the former slot. Similarly, the iPhone, iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS all use full-sized SIMs and those SIMs are similarly not forwards compatible.