Traveling to Israel... Question about iPhone voltage conversion

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mackid1993, Aug 7, 2012.

1. mackid1993 macrumors member

Tomorrow I'm traveling to Israel... and among other things, I am bringing with me my 32gb CDMA Verizon iPhone 4, my first gen 16gb iPod touch, and my Panasonic Lumic DMC-FX33 Camera. I've never traveled out of the United States before and I'm wondering if the US to Europlug adapters that I bought are enough to use these devices in Israel, or if I need a converter fothereof voltage. My manual for my camera doesn't say to use a converter, only an adapter-- so I'm pretty sure that that's safe, however, what about my Apple devices? What should I do?

2. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Never been to Israel, but my understanding is that they don't use the same plug type as in Europe. You might be better waiting till you get there and buy an adapter.

Your iPhone charger will work fine with the voltage. You don't need a voltage adapter.

One more piece of advice since you're taking several pieces of equipment. I just spent a month in Ireland, and I took one of those three socket mini-power strips with me so I could charge my MacBook Pro and both my wife's and my iPhones at the same time. Plug it into the adapter and you have multiple outlets.

3. Alameda macrumors 6502a

Alameda

Israel uses 220V, 50 Hz, the same as Europe. But outlets in Israel are unique to Israel. They are called a Type H plug. The two main prongs are flat, and tilt together like a V, and the grounding prong is flat.

Your Apple products will charge from 220V 50Hz just fine, and all you'll need is a US to Type H plug adapter. You don't need to change the voltage, just adapt the plug. I don't know about your Panasonic camera. Take a look at the label on the charger. If it says Input: 100 - 240 VAC and 50~60Hz, then you're fine. The US uses 110V, and Israel uses 220V. As long as it says that on the charger, then all you'll need in Israel is a simple plug converter, which you can either buy before you leave or when you arrive there. It should cost $10 or less, and you might want two or three.

Have a great trip!

4. 184550 Guest

I just used plug adapters while I was there. All my electronics emerged unscathed. :p

Have fun, it's a beautiful place.