traveling to Isreal on US passport?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mbpnewbie, Mar 3, 2009.

1. mbpnewbie macrumors regular

Long story short, I met a girl when I was snowboarding in Italy. She lives in Isreal. I want to visit her. I have a US passport. Question is; will I have problems at the border?

2. Padraic macrumors regular

Maybe...

Best bet is to check out the following sites... The best one I found is this one...

US Department of State Travel Information.

I'd also check the Tel Aviv US Embassy site here. I'd specifically look at the Warden messages.

I would also register with the Consular Sections of the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv or the U.S. Consulate General in Jerusalem through the State Department's travel registration website, at https://travelregistration.state.gov.

Patrick

3. Beerfloat macrumors regular

Beerfloat

4. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

I think by now you probably own a slice of Israel.

Seriously though, of all passports American should be the one you have least problems with.

5. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Probably the other way round. ;)

Exactly. I thought the two citizenships were pretty much interchangeable…

6. Beerfloat macrumors regular

Beerfloat

It's actually the other way around, innit?

Americans don't tend to own much of anything these days, but they sure owe a lot ;)

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Shouldn't have any problems. My sister did it about a year ago, granted, she's Jewish which probably makes it even easier, but any American shouldn't have a hard time.

I was probably questioned more entering the UK than you'll be when entering Israel ;)

8. tamasvarga67 macrumors regular

Yep, the US supports the Israeli occupation of Palestine and gives billions of dollars to Israel annualy so you shouldn't have any problem with US passport. :cool: It was the only country where standing ovation greeted president Bush even at the end of his term...

9. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

No problems - you just need the passport.

Although if she lives in Isreal, I would check that she is real :p

10. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

Your a US Citizen, Israel & America are close allies I see no issue, try to avoid getting stamped as if you want to go to other Middle Eastern countries it will be hard if they see a stamp (I should know :( )

11. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Lol, I think you own a slice of Israel but China owns all of you. You are officially Chinese now.

12. adk macrumors 68000

adk

The only thing to keep in mind is that after you have taken that passport to Israel you'll have trouble getting into neighboring countries like Lebanon.

13. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Your post about Israel passport stamps reminded me of a movie I recently watched called "The Syrian Bride."

14. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

15. mbpnewbie thread starter macrumors regular

lol I live in the UK and yes, they do ask more questions than anywhere I've been, but luckily I have Iris which cuts my immigration time down from 1hour + to less than 5 minutes

16. mbpnewbie thread starter macrumors regular

Thank for that... So, the isrealis want an "exit tax" so be it.. and I think I will ask for a stamp on a sheet of paper... I've been to Eqypt in the past on my previous passport and would like to go again in the future.

17. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

They don't ask for exit tax, is this new:confused: or does it only apply to Americans?
    You can try but I would bet €1 Million that they won't let you and stamp your passport, I went only a couple of months back and I didn't really have a say in having my passport stamped or not, well I did but they didn't listen:eek:

18. Burnsey macrumors 6502a

just make sure you're not Palestinian or of arab descent.

19. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

If you have an Israeli stamp on your passport you may have to suspend your travel plans to places like Tehran and Riyadh as you may be detained for espionage. :)

20. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

Actually, this tends to be true. It happened to a Japanese friend of mine who for some reason stopped over in Israel on his way to Syria for business. He actually managed to be let into the country after 36 hours of 'questioning.'

21. Nadav macrumors regular

There will be no problem at all, except the line for foreigners is always extremely long due to all of the jewish teen groups. If you have a second passport, I advise that you use it, because after having Israel stamped on your passport, it is rather difficult to enter other middle eastern countries.

You'll be OK in Israel, every single sign is in both hebrew and english, and pretty much everybody knows how to speak english fluently. Have fun!

22. Music_Producer macrumors 68000

Can you please say ISRAEL and not ISREAL? I know everyone here pronounces it as ISREAL - quite hopeless.

23. MegaMillions macrumors regular

I'd imagine you'd need a visitors visa. Just having a passport isn't enough.

And wow, great story! Whenever I go skiing I always keep an eye out for pretty girls on the slopes. Nothings ever come of it though. And I can imagine why this girl is worth going to Israel to visit. Israelis are amazing, and gorgeous.

24. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

Why, can you hear everyone here reading their posts out? ;)

25. Music_Producer macrumors 68000

No, I meant everyone here in the United States :) 'Is real', 'New kyular' ' Rela tor' .. etc..