Traveling to Spain/Austria

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zenteeric, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Zenteeric macrumors member

Hello!

So in 3+ weeks I will be leaving to do an archaeological field study over in Spain and then visit a friend in Austria. I will be there for about a month.

I was looking at at&t's international rates and they are rather expensive to call people over there. I am excited that I get to use my iphone 4 while overseas but is there a better way to be able to text/call my family over here in the us?

Maybe there is a way to do a prepay on a carrier over in spain?

Just thinking out loud,

Att rates

We offer the standard international roaming with no monthly recurring charge and a per minute rate of $1.29. We also offer AT&T World Traveler for $5.99 per month reducing your rate to $0.99 per minute.

Outgoing text messages are $0.50 each and picture messages are $1.30 each. Incoming messages are deducted from your domestic text plan if any, otherwise they are billed at $0.20 per text and $0.30 per picture.

We Offer Global Messaging with 50 text messages to send while roaming outside the U.S. for $10 per month and has an overage rate of $0.40 per message after that.

The standard rate for data is $0.02 per kilobyte, approximately $20 per megabyte. However we offer four international data packages: $24.99/month: 20 MB, : $59.99 /month: 50 MB, : $119.99/month: 100 MB and : $199.99/month: 200 MB. These international data packages have an overage rate of $0.005/KB (about $5/MB) within the more than 100 discounted countries.

2. elmo151 Guest

check out boingo and Skype. both are useful in minimizing overseas charges

3. Insilin1i macrumors regular

I went to Portugal for a month and used the Vodafone Vitamina iPhone 91 SMS, comes with 500 MBs. Its pay as you go.

4. Zenteeric thread starter macrumors member

Where would I find one of those? lol