Traveling to USA help!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Patriks7, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

So about a month from now I will be in New York, but as it will be my first time I have a question about phones.
    I need one of those disposable cards (I'll be there for less than 2 weeks) but I don't know which company to get it from as I found out they all support different bands. At home I found three Nokia's with GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900, then I have my LG Prada with the same as well and then I have my iPhone which is GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 (unless they sell them with different bands here in Europe). So could someone please help me with which phones (I will need two) will be better to bring and what SIM card to get?

2. lrdiaz macrumors member

Any Unlocked GSM phone that supports 850/1900 will work.

3. Patriks7 thread starter macrumors 65816

Patriks7

Thanks for the reply! So all my phones should work then. Any suggestion about which network to choose? Differences pricewise and coveragewise? And most importantly are these possible to buy at the airport?

4. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

You most likely won't find a PAYG SIM in most places like airports. If you really need to use your own phone you will have to contact either At&t or T-mobile. I'm not completely sure if they give PAYG SIM cards. :confused: They are the only GSM carriers in the U.S.