traveling with my iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cpucrash0, Sep 28, 2010.

1. cpucrash0 macrumors regular

I have a question. i'm going to travel with my iphone 4 to japan real soon which is the first time I'm going to japan, I live in texas. Any ways when I get their does anyone know how much AT&t charges for calls to the US And How much is the 3g or what options do I have for 3g over their with my iphone 4? thank you

2. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

these are not AT&T/ docomo forums :confused:

you really should use online services such as skype and e-mail to contact people. it will be pretty expensive otherwise

you can use your iphone 4 to connect to wifi networks while in airplane mode

when i was in Japan with my iphone 3G we where able to use wifi to do everything we needed

3. cpucrash0 thread starter macrumors regular

Um this is an iphone forum and I have an iphone 4 and people who have iphone 4 in the US have AT&T so I thought people here would know since mostly everyone here has AT&t who has an iphone and probably know.

I don't like skype and I always check my email. I was just looking for some information from someone that knows. And I checked american airlines and they don't have internet on the plane I'm going to take. And why does it bother you if I post this question here? I'm not spamming or posting anything wrong.

4. Roo Zilla macrumors regular

Calling from Japan using your Att iPhone will be like $1.69 per minute.

5. cpucrash0 thread starter macrumors regular

oh,okay thanks. :)

6. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

yes because a majority of this forum travels to japan on a daily basis

oh wow look how long it took to search

http://forums.macrumors.com/gtsearc...n&sa=Search&siteurl=forums.macrumors.com/#832

7. tastychicken macrumors member

Japan is a mostly CDMA but i believe they do have 3G 2100 Mhz roaming with DoCoMo. Using data in Japan is extremely expensive ($.0195/KB) and voice calls are $1.69 but only if you have the World Traveler Package on your account. If you don't, it's $2.29 per minute. My advice is to leave the phone in airplane mode and use free wifi wherever possible. Otherwise you'll be coming back to a very expensive bill.

Use this travel guide and it will help you determine costs for whatever country you travel to.
    http://www.wireless.att.com/travelguide/coverage/roaming/step1.jsp