Travelling Advice

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MetricSuperstar, Mar 22, 2010.

1. MetricSuperstar macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm going travelling for 10 weeks and want to make sure I absolutely do not use the internet whilst I'm away (O2 UK customer).

I don't really want to leave the phone in Airplane Mode the entire time as I'd still like to receive calls, so is there a button I can press to just turn off all internet access?

Also, any other thoughts you might have about travelling with an iPhone would be helpful.

Thanks.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Flick roaming switch in options and off you go. Enjoy your trip.

Remember that if you txt whilst away it's 4 free messages for 1 overseas txt.

3. MetricSuperstar thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah that was pretty much what I needed to know. Found some post at first that scared me half to death saying "Raa, even at 1am your iPhone will send out billions of gigs of data and there is NOTHING YOU CAN DO".

Your idea seems a lot better. Thanks.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Hey I was in Egypt when the o2 roaming bug wasn't fixed came back to a huge bill that o2 sorted for me.

Luckily the issue has been fixed so as long as the roaming option is off you don't need to worry.