Travelling in Australia

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hall20561, Aug 28, 2011.

1. hall20561 macrumors newbie

Hi, I am travelling around Australia for a month in October, Could someone help me with best value and coverage sim card for my Ipad1 a month use?

I will be landing in Melbourne, and then roughly up to Alice Springs and finishing in Sydney

Also do you know if majority of hotels offer free wifi?

hall2056

2. LiloThePleo macrumors 6502

Telstra is the ONLY option if you want good coverage Australia wide, drop into any Telstra shop and they'll help you out.

I have yet to stay at a hotel with free wifi, they all have either Ethernet or pay to use wifi, but then I haven't stayed at the top notch hotels which would likely offer better services. However MacDonalds offers free wifi in most of it's restaurants.

3. pardalotte macrumors newbie

Further to LiloThePleo's advice, Optus have wi-fi coverage in most larger regional towns and cities. However, if you will be traveling by road rather than air, Telstra is the only way to go as smaller towns will also be covered. You can get a Telstra SIM with 3GB data allowance for $30 - see http://www.telstra.com.au/shop/Cons...=-1&categoryId=29101&parent_category_rn=29101

In addition to hotels, you will find wi-fi hotspots in some cafes and other public places, but they won't all be free. Do a Google search.

4. hall20561 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for info. shame I don't like Mcdonalds!!

5. jahoys macrumors regular

6. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

:cool:

7. rajsharma macrumors newbie

If you plan to tour to Australia, there are many things you need to know, when you get there. The first thing to know is that you do a great decision to go to Australia in the first place. This is one the most beautiful places in the world, where people hang out the incredible enthusiasm and fun.If possible, plan to go there at least three weeks. Not many people can usually take some time from work, but if you can, you will not regret it. Processing the first few days is very difficult, it requires a whole day to fly the East Coast, from the United States and jet lag.