Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

linkedlist

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2010
Im going to be travelling all over Europe for a few months soon, but I wish to continue to study Cocoa and xcode - Internet connection for me during this is going to be a big bonus and something I am not relying on at all.

I would be grateful if anyone knew of a downloadable reference to cocoa, maybe in pdf, like what Apple have got at their developer site.

I am wondering whether to attempt to download as many as the individual pdf's from Apple - but there seems to be thousands - Is there a master download to get them all in one go?

Or perhaps a comprehensive reference somewhere else?. I dont want to, or cant take real books, because space and weight is a premium.

mac2x

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2009
Isn't there a whole bunch of documentation with Xcode itself? I haven't looked through it much, so it may not be what you are looking for though.

MorphingDragon

macrumors 603
Mar 27, 2009
The World Inbetween
Im going to be travelling all over Europe for a few months soon, but I wish to continue to study Cocoa and xcode - Internet connection for me during this is going to be a big bonus and something I am not relying on at all.

I would be grateful if anyone knew of a downloadable reference to cocoa, maybe in pdf, like what Apple have got at their developer site.

I am wondering whether to attempt to download as many as the individual pdf's from Apple - but there seems to be thousands - Is there a master download to get them all in one go?

Or perhaps a comprehensive reference somewhere else?. I dont want to, or cant take real books, because space and weight is a premium.

You could get an electronic copy of Aaron Hillegass' Cocoa book - Im assuming you know Objective-C.

http://my.safaribooksonline.com/9780321562739

But there is information on all the basic things like classes protocols functions etc in /Developer/Documentation/Cocoa/Reference/

linkedlist

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2010
The problem I've got is that my mac and xcode cant come with me - the laptop is from the 'other side' - I have managed to get objective-c onto it, but obviously not cocoa or xcode, so I just need to references in pdf to peruse over.

As I am looking up references at Apple as I work through some tutorials, I am downloading the pdf too, but I wish there was a link to download the whole lot in one go?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.