Treasure Trove in Dallas

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by dbdjre0143, Jul 17, 2019.

1. dbdjre0143 macrumors 6502

dbdjre0143

Watched this LGR video last night and thought it would be of interest to folks here:

TL;DW: If you're in the Dallas, TX area, there is a massive warehouse of decades of computer equipment that is being opened periodically for sales. In the video, there is not a ton of Mac stuff shown, but there is definitely some, and who knows what's in all the pallets. If you're in that area, it looks like an awesome place to check out! Sadly, I'm about 1,000 miles from there, so if you do go, be sure to share some pics for the rest of us to drool at!

2. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

Ah I love LGR, he’s an absolute lad with a great sense of humour.

3. RhianB macrumors 6502a

RhianB

I watched this video too. It’s best that I don’t go because I don’t have the room for all the crap I’d inevitably come back with.

Fun video though!

4. CooperBox macrumors 65816

CooperBox

Only 1,000 miles from you? Almost next door.....;) Over 5,000 miles for me, otherwise I'd be very tempted to visit.
    A fascinating video. Thanks for posting.

5. bjar macrumors regular

I am in Houston but go to Dallas every now and then. I’m definitely going to try to go next time I am there. Seems like LGR had some trouble getting in though.

6. RhianB, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019

RhianB macrumors 6502a

RhianB

Per the video, if you’re interested in getting in, join the facebarf group to schedule a visit.

Just showing up isn’t going to work. Certainly worth a little effort up front if you’re within a reasonable distance though.

In the vid I did see one of those blue behemoth CRT cinema displays that would go so well with a period blue & white PMg3 ... or maybe it was a gray one so a great compadre for any flavor PMg4. Alas I’m not making this trek.

7. bjar macrumors regular

According to the Facebook group they will soon be opening the warehouse and liquidating everything. I’ll have to wait to be approved to join the group before I know anymore info.