Trent iCruiser backup battery

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by oakrrl, Mar 17, 2011.

1. oakrrl macrumors member

anyone have experience with the Trent iCruiser? The IMP 1000 (11000 mAh) looks good, but a little pricey....recommendations?

(I'll be hiking several months in the Himalayas, cold & altitude will drain iPad battery fast, I'll need a backup....)

thanx!

2. krisjon macrumors regular

Check out the new RichardSolo Portable Power Max. 16,000mAh for the same price. Enter "gadling" in the coupon code and get it for $67. I just ordered one myself the other day.

3. oakrrl thread starter macrumors member

4. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

Mophie Power station is so much better!

In had a Richard Solo, complete garbage! Why would you need a flash light on a back up battery?

Want something with more power, then consider this!

Mophie juice pack powerstation

This 3600mAh external battery will charge a wide range of usb based mobile devices including the iPhone and iPad as well as most usb based smartphones out there at super-fast speeds.

This thing ROCKS for days!

5. poloponies, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011

poloponies macrumors 68030

Joos! 5,400mAh with a solar charger.

http://www.solarjoos.com/products/

"JOOSDEAL" will get you $40 off.

Here's a review. http://www.bill.lockharts.com/blog/when-you-get-to-the-end-of-the-road-you-still-need-joos/

6. krisjon macrumors regular

More power? Check your math. 3600mAh < 16000mAh
    Huge difference. Also, this new one is made by iSound. Just sold through Richard Solo and other retailers. Mophie is a good product as well, but the man needs more juice for his trip.

7. oakrrl thread starter macrumors member

RichardSolo EXCELLENT

For readers of this thread....I read Krisjon's reviews after ordering a RichardSolo and thought I'd made a mistake. Then I checked out reader reviews of the Morphie: ALL the reviews I found were negative (Krisjon's excepted), saying it didn't charge iPad.

I received the RichardSolo, charged it, and (with trepidation) used it to charge an almost fully depleted iPad1. It charged it 100%, and still had half its charge left over. EXCELLENT!

I recommend the RichardSolo!

8. Roadking macrumors 6502

OP I understand you have already gotten your battery. I would have gotten the Hypermac external batteries. www.hypershop.com

9. Good.Shepherd macrumors member

For those reading, I've used a number of these products. The best I've found so far is the Zagg Sparq.

10. krisjon macrumors regular

Glad you like it. I'm enjoying mine, too. Like I said, this new charger is sold by Richard Solo, but made by iSound and sold through other retailers as well. It's received good reviews from what i read before buying. I guess Richard Solo's old charger ( previous model) isn't as good. The new power max has A LOT of mAh capacity for the money. Pretty hard to beat at the moment.