Treo 680 SMS to iPhone 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Noisyguy, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Noisyguy macrumors newbie

Oct 7, 2009
    hi all and good day.

i just upgraded from a treo 680 to an iphone 3gs. i was able to sync all my contacts and note/memos from my treo 680 to the iphone thru missing sync for palm. anyway, i got quite a good number of sms stored in my treo 680 which i was hoping to transfer/import/migrate to the iphone as sms still or what other form it may be. i have been searching the net for over 2 days now with no luck and decided to post it if anyone has come up with an idea and/or solution regarding this matter.

hoping to hear from you guys. thank you. :)
  2. geekmommy4 macrumors 6502

Feb 10, 2008
    I don't know of a good way to get them on your iPhone, but you can get them into readable format on your computer. Sites like have software to do that. I don't see anything out there to get them to the iPhone, but if there is you'd probably have to be jailbroken.
  3. Noisyguy thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 7, 2009
    thanks for the reply. i don't mind the jailbroken part cause mine is already at 3.0.1. was in search though of a program that could that for me but like you experienced also there is none so far and i think that there will never be one cause my case isn't that common. i too have read a couple of apps that can migrate or copy all my sms to the pc or mac but i was hoping to transfer it to the iphone even if i have to go from treo to pc/mac then iphone but like i said nothing so far. :mad:

thanks again for the quick reply. highly appreciate it. :)