Treo 700w

WarEagle

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2006
Atlanta, Ga
I am looking to get my first Mac (well my first comp was an Apple IIgs but not sure if you would count that), A MB or MBP. My laptop is about to die and it needs to be replaced. I use a 700w as my phone and PDA and would need to be able to sync with my new laptop. What software do I need to get to be able to do this. Something I would like is to be able to use is the BT. I have to be able to sync to standard stuff and also some of the extras like pictures and videos. Thanks for any help you can give me.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
I don't think the Treo using Windows Mobile can sync with the standard iSync software, but Google "Missing Sync" and see what you find.

I sync with my 650 just fine, but I'd like to run over the phone. Complete POS.

WarEagle

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2006
Atlanta, Ga
I already have the Treo 700w and have used windows mobile for years. I have always used an Ipaq. I will look into missing sync thanks

bloodycape

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2005
California
Steve1496 said:
Try Missing Sync, as iGary suggested. Or PocketMac, once they finally support Windows Mobile 5.

It also will sync with Windows XP through Parallels.
Really how can you sync it with parallels I have been trying for a while but it won't let me as it says I am running at the slower usb 1.1 speeds or something. Care to explain how to?

To the OP I am currently using missing sync but I have found one problem. The first one is I can not install exe based files, like the treo updater, on the 700w.

bloodycape

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2005
California
bloodycape said:
Really how can you sync it with parallels I have been trying for a while but it won't let me as it says I am running at the slower usb 1.1 speeds or something. Care to explain how to?
opps I meant to say that I can not get it to work because it says usb port in use.

plarusa

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2006
iGary said:
I don't think the Treo using Windows Mobile can sync with the standard iSync software, but Google "Missing Sync" and see what you find.

I sync with my 650 just fine, but I'd like to run over the phone. Complete POS.
Missing Sync works with the Treo 700w. I use it to sync my Treo 700w with a PB 12".