Tri-boot Question (Lion, Mt. Lion DP4, & Win 7)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Stooby Mcdoobie, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Stooby Mcdoobie macrumors 6502a

Stooby Mcdoobie

I've been running a dual-boot set up via Boot Camp for quite a while now, but wanted to install the Mountain Lion preview to test out AirPlay mirroring (I've been using AirParrot lately). I partitioned part of my HDD (this is the same drive that has Boot Camp on it) and had no problems with the install. Mountain Lion is set up and I can now boot to it, but the option to boot into Windows has now disappeared and I get the "No bootable device - insert boot disk and press any key" message. I can still access Windows through Parallels, however. Will the option to boot into Windows return when I erase the Mt. Lion partition? rEFIt would probably fix this problem, but I'd rather not have to rely on it.

NOTE: I did get a "warning" message that Boot Camp might not work after partitioning my drive, but I paid no attention to it. Are you only allowed to have two operating systems?

I'm not really worried about having to reinstall Windows because theres nothing important on it; it's just an issue of time. I'm just wondering if anyone can help me figure out what caused this problem.

Thanks in advanced.

2. chown33 macrumors 604

1. Run Disk Utility.app.
    2. Select your hard drive.
    3. Click the Partition tab.
    4. How many partitions does it show?
    5. How big is each partition?

Or copy and paste this command-line into a Terminal window:
    Code:
    diskutil list

Then copy and paste the output and post it here.