Tri-boot?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MikeSantor, Jul 28, 2009.

1. MikeSantor macrumors regular

So I scrolled up and down the main Mac forums page to find the best place to put this. This spot is the best I could come up with.

-Side note, I have only been a Mac user for about a month...

So My second Macbook (Blackbook to be exact) should be here by Friday and im looking to get a little crazy. The first thing im going to do is throw a copy of XP pro on there to run some of the programs I have been using forever on a PC that are not available on Macs (Like Cain and Abel.)

Then I thought, "that would be sweet if I could try boot with a HD install of Back|Track!"

-Side note 2, Back|Track is just a flavor of linux preinstalled with some stuff for pen testing.

So has anyone ever Tri-booted there macbook with OS X, XP, and *nix?
    Any problems?

Im assuming I would just run bootcamp twice? As I mentioned im only about a month to 5 weeks into OS X so im just making assumptions right now. It would make me super happy if I could tri-boot the new blackbook!

DISCUSS!!!

P.S. If this is completly the wrong place for this I do apologize. I made a solid effort to try and put this in the best applicable sub-forum.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. MikeSantor thread starter macrumors regular

No idea how I missed that. When I searched I kept getting articles about some guy in 2002 who was using linux on his Ibook. like 8 different sites about him... Thanks for the app reference!!!