Tri-Pod for iPad 3, Help!

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Adam-, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Adam- macrumors member

I have an iPad 3 and train local children at an athletics club and would like to get a tripod for recording them do certain track events so i can show them how to improve, the iPad screen size makes it much better than going down the digital camera route. Has anyone bought a tripod for any version of iPad?

Thanks

2. drambuie macrumors 6502a

Rather than getting a dedicated iPad tripod, the best bet would be to buy a tripod head, or mount for iPad. That way you can use any camera tripod. If you Google "tripod mount for ipad 3", there are lots of options.

3. Enema Psycho macrumors newbie

I have this:

http://www.makayama.com/moviemount.html

and it works great; the iPad snaps in and out easily, and there are zero scuffs/scratches. This mount takes a 1/4"-20 screw, which most tripods already have. Also, if you do go this route, keep in mind the Movie Mount has no hole for a location pin, so make sure your tripod doesn't have one or can be adjusted so that the pin is out of the way.

Good luck!

4. JaShep macrumors newbie

I have been using the Tether Tools Connect System and its been working really well. Mounts on any tripod plus all kinds of other accessories.

5. Adam- thread starter macrumors member

Great thanks, this was the product i was looking at, will go ahead and get one of these now I have a review of it! Cheers