Triangle! plz connect to itunes but doesnt show?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by syed.z, Feb 3, 2010.

1. syed.z macrumors newbie

hey guys...

The thing is that i just got an iphone 2g frm a cuzn of mine who had been using it for quite sometime now... it was still on a 1.0.2 firmware which was both unlocked and jailbroken...

I decided to upgrade it to the latest 3.1.2 firmware and unlock and jailbreak it later on. I connected it to the latest version of itunes and as a prompt it asked me if i wanted to update the firmware... I clicked download and install.

for the first few times it gave an error saying timed out.. but after downloading it a couple of times and checking the forums i got it to download...

But now it seems as if the firmware didnt update properly... I have got a screen with a triangle with a ! . saying plz connect to itunes...

I connected it to the PC i use which is operating on windows 7. But the iphone doesnt show up on itunes at all.... although i checked out a lot of sites before posting this thread none of them attended to the problem I am facing here...

When i checked out the device manager it shows the iphone as Iphone (Recovery Mode). And when i tried out putting it in to the recovery mode nothing happens .. when ever i boot up or connect the phone to the Pc this is all i get... it doesnt budge... even i tried pressing down the home button while connecting the cable no use!

PLz help me...

Waiting your reply guys!
    syed

2. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

3. syed.z thread starter macrumors newbie

thx!

Thanks a lot... ALthough i had to go through a lot of frustration making itunes recognise it I have finally done it... Thx for ur advice!