Triangles?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by frannbug, Dec 10, 2011.

1. frannbug macrumors member

Anyone else had this weird effect on their screen? Whenever it happens my Mac gets increasingly less stable. I'd like to know if I have some hardware that't about to give up, but it does seem to know where the edges of the windows are, so I'm guessing it's software related. I've just gone up to Lion, but it was happening before in Snow Leopard.

Attached Files:

2. Damo01 macrumors regular

That's a font rendering issue. Is that system wide on yours? I had a font rendering issue using adobe software. But there was a patch fix for that from apple software updates.

3. frannbug thread starter macrumors member

Really? I hadn't thought of that! Can anything be done? It tends to happen in the finder.
    I also get thin black lines across my windows quite often, as well as bands of interference sometimes. And I've even had the whole monitor going pale or pink and then crashing. Could that be font rendering also?
    The black lines are not confined to the system.

4. Damo01, Dec 12, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2011

Damo01 macrumors regular

The monitor crashes? Kernel Panics?. What Mac do you have? could be some other issue like your graphic card failing instead of the font rendering. That screenshot of yours look similar to the other screenshots I have seen that other people are having issue with the font rendering.

You could report a bug to apple http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html with that screenshot.

Not sure what I can to help but maybe take your mac whatever mac you have to your nearest retail store and get one of genius bar people to look at it.